Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mikkeller? A Session Beer? Alright!

As a spelling geek, I hate the construction "alright." It's "all right," dammit. But I'm willing to let the Danes at Mikkeller use it, since they've put it on the label of a brett-fired session beer, It's Alright, which is a spunky, funky 4.5%. Read Minnesota beer blogger ("Legal Beer") Beckel's review of it here.

With darlings of the extreme beer set like Mikkeller (Beer Geek Brunch (Weasel), Black As Hell, Mikkel's Monster) making session-strength beers, maybe we'll start getting through to people who think life begins at 8%.

5 comments:

  1. You've just reminded me to blog about all the wonderful microbrews I picked up on my recent trip to Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. Thanks for keeping me updated; I'll have to pick it up. It sounds right up my ally. By the way, for a spelling geek, I'm surprised you aren't concerned with using parenthesis within parenthesis. [Brackets, man!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nested parentheses (that's the plural, dammit, use it!), and using brackets is just an option. Geek out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit, you got me with the misspelled plural. Touché.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ends: I guarantee I've got misspellings all over the blogs, despite my best efforts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome: please stay on topic. Spam will not be posted; don't bother.